Wednesday, November 6, 2013

...MoJo MonDaY...



Today I worked on this week's AwESoME MoJo MoNDaY ChaLLenGe


I LoVED the Sketch...it just really appealed to me...the tag, the bow, the cute little embellies on the tag...ADoRBS!!


You know how sometimes the crafty gods smile down on you and you look at a sketch and an idea PoPS into your head INSTaNTLY?!?!  Ok...it's a rare event in my house...like a blue moon or a winning lottery ticket or my husband doing dishes  :)  ...but it happened when I saw this sketch.

I immediately thought of the SWeeT little BaKeR girl and her GiNGeRBReaD friends in my YouR NeXT STaMP company ElliE LoVeS to BaKE set...

And then...as I started laying out the stamps...there was an unopened pad of paper sitting on my desk that was PeRFeCT... My MiND's EyE...MeRRY LiTTLe CHriSTMaS pad...I threw in some PTI cardstock, a few buttons, and some seam binding and was all ready to get started....then I had another seemingly BRiLLiaNT idea...this would make it two in one day...an instant idea for the sketch and then...the thought that...it should be a BoX...to HoLD the CooKieS...LiKe the OneS she's BaKiNG!!!  Ok...perhaps its not Nobel Prize worthy...but it's pretty clever for a Wednesday...at least for me it is  :)




So...here she is...cute little Ellie with her mixing bowl...and a few little Gingiees hanging out at the bottom of her tag...I swear they are a cute kraft color IRL...not sure why they look like green zombie cookies in this shot...



Here's a closer shot...I paper pieced Ellie's apron with an adorable scalloped print in the paper pad that just SCReaMeD "I NeeD to be an APRoN!!!" to me...and of course I made Ellie a redhead...because well...I'm a redhead...plus one of the beauties of being a stamped image is that your hair can ALWaYS coordinate with your clothes and background...sometimes...I really wish I was a stamped image...sigh...





Here's a shot where you can see that it's a box...I used one of Taylored Expressions perfect boxes...I LoVE those things...sturdy, easy to assemble, magnetic closure, reasonable price, great size...they are definitely named correctly!!

I'm planning on filling the box with little GiNGeRBReaD girls with bows in their hair and cute hearts on their dresses just like the stamped versions...I may need to make a few more of these boxes...I'm thinking these would be awesome to have on hand for quick gifts...pull a few cookies out of the freezer...add a quick bow on a cello bag...throw them in and I'll look all thoughtful ;)

This came together so quickly and easy...I even had time to clean up the mess before I needed to start dinner...AMAZinG!!!  Must mean I need to try to craft again tomorrow!!

Thanks for looking!!
Jen

1 comment: