Monday, November 14, 2011

...ChrIStMaS IdEaS...

Here are a few of the ideas I came up with for  cheap and easy gifties to hand out to neighbors, teachers, co-workers...or anyone you want to give SoMeThiNg to...but don't want to spend much money.

So...I was at Michael's right after HaLLowEeN...and they had these black metal plaques on ClEaRaNcE...85 cents each!!  So of course, I bought them all...I wasn't being a total HoaRdeR...there were only 6 of them :)


I went home, set it on my desk and started playing...I learned that you can HeAT EmBoSs onto them!  

See the word GREETINGS ?  It's from the new PTI set...I just stamped it with Versamark, sprinkled on white FiLiGreE embossing powder, and had at it with the heat gun...SuPeR easy and it looks AwEsOMe in real life!  Very professional.


I used the new snowman and accessory dies and some felt.  This came together really quickly.  The whole thing was based on the cute striped ribbon that was sitting on my desk...I ended up taping the ribbon to a sheet of cardstock and running that through the cuttlebug with the hat die to make the snowman's hat match the ribbon I tied on up top. :)

Another little thing that made me spend 5 minutes thinking I was quite clever...I'm sure it's nothing new...but I've never done it before and I LoVe how MaTCh-Y it makes everything! :)

So...that's my sign that used about $1.73 worth of supplies...including the sign!  If you get one for Christmas...it doesn't mean I only love you $1.73 worth...it just means I thought you'd like it :)



Godiva chocolate bars were on sale at Barnes and Noble..buy 2 get 1 free...

The whole ~Godiva~ thing makes even a little candy bar like this just a squidge more gift-y...I'm wrapping these up for the room mom's in Connor's class...I'm sure after the Christmas party and dealing with 36 squirrelly 5th graders, they will all need a chocolate fix! :)

I used the new holiday word dies from PTI, some baker's twine, and scraps lying on my desk...I think they are the PerFeCt thing sharing for just a little holiday cheer!...if you can't send booze :)


...and here's a sneak at what's coming tomorrow...I made soap!  I used stamps in the bottom of the mold to emboss it, poured two layers in, and poof...I had the coolest soap ever!  I'll show you how I package it all up tomorrow along with a WiCkEd quick candy holder...

Thanks for looking!
Have a Marvelous Monday!!
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment