Wednesday, September 7, 2011

...the FinAL...WhooOo's that MoNsTeR?......

Well, it's time for the final installment of...WhooOOoo's that MoNSteR??.....

Here's your clue...


I could have gone with "FaNg-TastIc...but that seems to be everywhere right now...and I thought this one would be good for Connor's teacher :)  ...coming from a little monster and all...ooohhhhh...I guess maybe the little devil would be more appropriate...hmmmmm..... :)

So...did you guess a VampiRe???

Of course you did...only highly intelligent people look at crafty blogs!

The real question is...were you expecting...

...a BluE YODA vampire?!!?!  That's what I see when I look at this little guy! :)


He has blue (undead) chalked cheeks and stitched fangs...oooOOOhhhh....crEePy...or not! :)

That wraps up our Halloween Jar collection...I have a few more ideas...Who's your Mummy?...I've got my EyE on you...and others that are equally punny...but I'm out of jars :)

On to a non-SpooOOooky subject...it's Connor's teacher's BirThDaY today!  Woo-Hoo!  ...and she's CrAftY!!  You know how nice it is to make crafty things for crafty people...it's just sooooo nice when people realize all the work that went into their gift...

That being said...this was SuPeR easy!!!  :)

I took a metal paint can and covered it to look like his teacher...a kinda flat, odd-shape headed teacher...but...recognizable as a person...I'm pretty sure she's recognizable as a person...


Here she is up close...of course his real teacher doesn't have beady, off-set eyes...that's just a little artistic license!  LOL!  Plus, I only know how to make beady-eyed characters!


So, here is an aerial view where you can see her party hat and how she fits together.  Inside the can are an Amazon gift card and a Birthday Party in a can...just add hot air ( at least that's what the top of the can says)  I put in some candles and balloons (the add hot air part) and a ding dong...since NO party is complete without cake!!


It came together really quickly and I will totally do this again!  The only tricky part is the hair.  I'm not 100% happy with it, but my brain doesn't really think 3 dimensionally when it comes to beady-eyed people...I'm used to just drawing them...or cutting them out of paper and laying them flat...the round can was a little bit tricksy...

Thanks for lOoking!

Happy Hump Day!!
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment