Thursday, September 8, 2011

...JuGs ChaLLenGe 100...

Here was the JugS 100 Challenge...a SkEtCh...


AwEsoMe right??? 

 I looked at it and thought...It'll take me  40 minutes tops...all I need to do is figure out WhAT is going in that oval....hmmmm....ok...Wow...all those shades of blue sure look pretty....maybe halloween?  I never use blue...how about the  CozY Cottages set I just got?...those blues are really gorgeous...a paper smoOches set?  Good golly...I should use BlueS!! ...what images go with blue?  Ohhh...how about the reindeer in this Taylored Expressions set sitting right here on my desk???  In case you were wondering what my thought process was here...LOL! :)

And honestly, 30 minutes later...it was all done except choosing the background paper and ribbon...which took another 30 minutes and made a ridiculously LaRGe mess!!!!!  Think a 20 men, 3 days to clean up mess...backhoe required mess....holy shedoobie I have A LOT of paper mess!!!

ok...enough babbling...here it is


I rarely do pretty...and when I do, it's almost ALwaYS a struggle.  This just came together really easy!  Except the background paper...I must have tried 30 different papers before I decided to give up and make my own...so I heat embossed white snowflakes onto enchanted evening blue cardstock...should be good right???

 To quote my son...EpiC FaiL!!  

All you saw was the stinkin' snowflakes...no reindeer!  I pulled out ANOTHER paper pad...one that I thought didn't have a prayer and saw this ledger paper...not a very Christmas-Y choice...but It was the winner!!


I do truly LOVE this set!  I hope you like it too, because  I'm sure I'll be using it a ton this holiday season!  

Thanks for looking!

Have an AmAZinG Thursday!
jen

3 comments:

  1. Love this reindeer - may *need* that set too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is beautiful - soft serene colors and I really like the ledger paper - a nice look! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week for #100 we really appreciate your support and participation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! THIS card is mesmerizing with it's use of colors and GORGEOUS image!!! Love your use of the Just Us Girls Sketch - THANK YOU, sooooo much, for joining us this week and celebrating the big 100 with us!

    ReplyDelete