Wednesday, February 19, 2014

…SiLVeR and BLuE MaKE it MoNDaY...


I combined this week's CooL PTi MaKe it MoNDaY technique




…with this (oops it was last week's challenge…I'm LaME) week's BLuE and SiLVeR challenge over at the WeeKLY ChRiSTMaS CarD CHaLLeNgE blog...



This is what I came up with...


The technique was to stamp with both pigment and dye ink and end up with a pattern in your larger solid stamped image...


Heather Nicols demonstrated it with an ABSoLuTELY GoRGeouS floral and flourish card…it was just to die for…after seeing it, all I really wanted to do was copy it exactly  :)  It was SuPeR hard to come up with something different…I ended up using the PTi TwiNKLe background set as my white on white pattern set and then going CHriSTMaS….because you can never have too many holiday cards in your stash :)

I stamped the biggest snowflakes in the front and used smaller images and lighter colors further up the panel to try to give the card some depth…I also cut layers and foam taped them up to help with that illusion...


…you can see the depth a little from this angle…

I kept the rest of the card super simple since there is so much going on in the stamped section.



Here's the card with the matching envelope…

I really liked this technique and I think it would be fun to do using a big Christmas tree image or pumpkins for a cool fall card…it's a great way to use some of the MuLTiTuDE of background stamps I've purchased over the years that have done a lot of dust collecting lately :)

Thanks for looking!
jen

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a pretty christmas card! I love this technique too. I really like how the twinkle background shows through the blue images. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, those images look great with that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the depth and simple colour scheme. I was wondering what the twinkle background would look like, and now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! Such a pretty Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete