Tuesday, February 18, 2014

…MoRe MoJo...



MoRE MoJO...


When I was making the first card with this sketch I kept thinking about how the circle set behind looked like the sun setting or moon rising…so I decided I really needed to try again…




When I found the skyline paper in a pad of Basic Grey that was sitting on my desk…I KNeW I needed a car to go with my moon/sun…of course I turned to PTi'S EnJoY the RiDE set…and not JuST because it was still sitting on my desk from a few cards ago :)  I LoVE paper piecing that little bug…almost every time I make one it gives me bug envy and I want to rush out and but a 40 year old car! :)

All the patterned paper on this card came from that same pad…all I added was a little black card stock...




…LoViNG the STRiPeY beetle with blue fenders…sigh…I would ToTaLLy drive this…I'm thinking the son would love it too…the hubby…not so much!




…and the envelope.

It was funny how fast this card came together…I'm not sure if it was because I already used the sketch once or because I was thinking about THiS card most of the time I was making the last one…or just because the papers in the pad worked so perfectly with this sketch…but this card was 45 minutes from start to picture taking…which is CRaZY fast for me!

…and just like that…2 more masculine cards for the BiRThDaY stash…and usually BoY cards are the hardest for me…interesting that on a day when the boys are gone from my house, I'm able to easily churn out these cards…maybe all the flowers and ribbon and fluff are just a defensive mechanism to the testosterone that's usually running rampant through my house…hmmmm….just saying'….

Thanks for looking!
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment