Sunday, January 19, 2014

...TaKe TwO...


Just had to do another take on the Mojo Monday Sketch...



This time things weren't quite so simple...lots of layering...12 layers of paper...but who's counting?? :)



I'm not sure if it's the GLaMPeR's influence or what...but i seem to be stuck on a ReD and TurQuoiSE color scheme...  I used an ADoRaBLe TaYLoReD EXPreSsioNS set...SPeCTaCuLaR... for the first time...and just happened to have a pad of paper on my desk (pink paislee-hey kid) that was a PeRFeCT match!!





After I got the card laid out...I realized I wanted something  -more-  but i wasn't quite sure what it was...I knew I wanted to use some of the cute glasses stamps in the set, but I wasn't sure how.  The I had a LighT BuLB moment...shrinky dinks...

I stamped the glasses with black stazon ink and cut them out.  Then I held the image still with the tip of a pair of scissors and blasted it with my heat gun...there were a few mistakes ;) but ot didn't take long before the little sets of glasses were coming out perfect...I LOVE them!! They just crack me up!! PLus...it's ToTaLLy fun watching them curl and dance and magically become an embellishment...if you haven't tried it... you SHouLD!!!

I just used hot glue to adhere them since it's clear and you can't see it at all :)



Here's the card and envie...


...and another shot of just the envelope.

Thanks for looking!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment