Thursday, September 20, 2012

...the CrEaTiVitY continues...

                                            so today is the last day to enter a card in the

                    TaYLoReD ExPreSsiOnS Last Card Standing contest...



I wanted to make one more...just to show a little variety.  The witch card was really bright and really cutesy...so I decided to try to tone it down a bit for my second attempt...generally that's hard for me...when it comes to crafty I'm not an understated, neutral colors kind of gal :)

But I found this paper in my stash and it all just fell into place...card and envie completed in under 1 hour!


Woo-Hoo!! 







                          So here's my card...Christmas...even though it's 90 degrees outside...
                  I love all the -Hangin' Out at the North Pole- images...It is one of my favorite TE sets :)






Here's Santa's paper pieced coat...I'm not sure what my fascination is with white embossing powder right now...but I'm digging the way it looks 





And a matching envelope...because really...don't you want people to KNOW there's something good inside before they even tear open the flap?  Personal snail mail is always good...but getting something in a pretty envelope will make you start smiling from the minute you pull it out of your mail box!

Okay...the contest closes in a few hours and I have book club tonight, so I doubt I'll be making anything else for this one...but I may do a little blog hopping tonight and see if there are any other sketch or color challenges out there that scream at me...I'd forgotten how fun this crafting thing can be ;)


Thanks for looking!
jen






No comments:

Post a Comment