Thursday, October 6, 2011

...A PirAtE'S LiFe foR mE...

...ok...not really...but it was a PiRaTe'S CaRd for me  :)

For Today's card I combined ChaLLenGes again...but only 2 this time...a CoLor ChalLenGe and a SkEtCh ChaLLenGe...that seems logicaL...and ReasoNabLe!!

CoLor Throwdown ChaLLenGe...

and



Sketch for this week...


The CaT's PaJaMa'S is hosting the challenge at card positioning system challenge this week, so I thought it would be nice to use one of their stamp sets...

...soooo....enough intro...here's my card...


I stamped and distressed the 3 panels of paper behind the main image...they turned out super cute, but you can hardly see them :(

The PiRaTe boys are a total crack up!!


I'm also linking up to TruLy ScRumPtiouS ChaLLenGe BLoG...where the challenge this week was DiStrESsing...I inked the snot out of my paper...it looks pretty beat up, old, and distressed to me :)

On a completely different note...I made a little tea towel for Connor's teacher who likes cats.  I thought I'd send in a little prize once a week for the month of OctoBeR...just because I think she works hard and deserves some TrEaTs!!


I used a Nancy Halvorsen Art to Heart pattern...I LoVe how his whiskers change coLoRs! :)


Here's the bag I put it in..It probably looks familiar since I just posted it a few days ago :) but I added that cute EmBeLLiSheD clothes pin that I thought was worth showing.

Thanks for looking!
Have a FaBuLouS FriDay!!
jen

6 comments:

  1. great card love those colours together thank you so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pirate card is too fun! Those colors are perfect for the images. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both adorable!! Love your use of Pocketful: Halloween on the 2nd card! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious,hope to see you next time...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pirate card! Love the colors and papers you used! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pirate card is so cute! Adorable scene and perfect for the Color Throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete