Thursday, September 29, 2011

...BoxY PumPKin...

This week's JUgS ChaLLenGe was...
and the ChaLLenge was to use FaLL coLors at


Originally, I was thinking I wanted to turn a box into a FraNkeNsTeiN...I could totally see it in my head...but I didn't have a box that I thought would work.

What I did have was...


It's a fun shape...It opens nicely...it's a good size...PeRFecT!! :)


Here's my finished box...I used one sheet of paper I've had sitting around for a long time to cover it...on the sides, I cut the strip in half BEFORE I put it on the box, so that I didn't make an unfortunate mess trying to use an exacto knife to make my little box open...let's not talk about how I figured that one out or why I used all caps on the word BeFore...  :)


I used a Stamps for Life set and paper pieced and embossed the pumpkin shape...polka dot and argyle...LoVe how that turned out!!

I  used my new EK SuCcEsS garland punch for the swirls and leaf...

Ribbon, twine, button, tag...done.  The whole thing only took about an hour...which is really fast for me  :)  

I am still LoViNg bLuE added to traditionaL faLL colors...not sure what's up with that...but it seems perfect to me....


Here's the inside...I can't decide if it should hold candy or a gift card...but it's going in to Connor's teacher...she's crafty...so I know she'll like it :)

Thanks for looking
Have a SpEcTaCuLar Thursday!
jen 

7 comments:

  1. How fun and cute! Thanks for playing in the Dolce Stamps and Cards challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Altered items truly are the best because you just never know what you're going to get. Thanks for participating in Dolce Stams and Cards challenge. We hope to see you regularly.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! I love altering things... this is such a great idea.. wonderful fall colors. So glad you joined us for the Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO AWESOME! Love that you took that container to alter! Looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with JUST US GIRLS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Like Like! Always love the added details like the embossed polka dot and argyle pumpkins and the "thanks" inside...what an added surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and fun! Love those textured pumpkins. If things sit still to long they get altered at my house too! Great job! Thanks for joining us in the Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool use of the packaging and I love how the pumpkin came together, thanks for playing along with us at Dolce Stamps and Cards!

    ReplyDelete