Wednesday, August 31, 2011

...MoJo MonDaY...on WednesDaY...

This is my first time playing along with a MoJo MonDaY SkeTcH...


I'll be honest...this was another sketch that kind of scared me...just because there were A LOT of layers going on in ways I'm definitely not used to working with.  Just like the last time a sketch scared me...it all turned out good in the end...proving that the aMaZiNg people out there coming up with sketches are BriLLiAnT!!...ThaNk yOu...tHanK YoU...ThAnK yOU!!  :)

I decided I wanted to use an adorable PeNnY BlAcK baker image.  So I colored her and then went looking for paper...I had some paper in mind when I started coloring but wasn't smart enough to get it out and match copics to the paper...oops...not so much!  

And THAT is why it's ever so ImPoRTanT to purchase LoTS, ToNS, OOdLes, even ScADs of patterned paper...so that when you're at home, making a card...even if you aren't smart enough to choose paper BEFORE you start coloring...it's still ALL GoOD!!!  

I just kept auditioning paper until I saw something that I liked...luckily...there is plenty of paper just waiting for the chance to audition in my craft cubbyhole!   :)


Here she is...I wasn't tooooo literal with the sketch, but you can totally still see it in there.

I used October Afternoon paper...that black/chalkboard-y looking one jumped out at me during the "audition" :) .   

It looks like a little bakery scene to me...with an advertising chalkboard on the wall in the back and the little chef mixing her heart out up front...

 I used some PTI raspberry fizz ribbon and cardstock and for the circle element on the sketch I pulled out a painted metal concho from a bazillion years ago!  Talk about a moldy-oldie!!!  But it worked perfectly to frame my little cupcake artwork.  I wish I'd had bigger heart bling...but you can't have everything.

Thanks for looking and Happy huMp Day! :)

jen

4 comments:

  1. As much as I am always amazed at all your creations, this one has to stand out as one of my all time favorites! I just LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love it! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fun card. Its so cute and I laughed at the thought of you auditioning your patterned paper. I have so much I could wallpaper the whole house!.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this card is so cute! Nice job.
    Sew Sweet N Crafty
    SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete