Friday, July 15, 2011

a few details from the Cubbyhole...


Just a few more details from the Cubbyhole today...

Here is something hidden behind the cute brown flowered curtains on my built-in shelving...



Copic storage...it's not completely anal...but it was $11.99 at Target last year and it works awesome, is cute, and portable...plus...there's still room to buy more markers :)




These drawers are under my long (9") desktop...there is another one full of neutral colored ribbon...but that's not nearly as pretty...  

The ribbon is wrapped around pieces of illustration board (it's like really sturdy cardboard I bought at Staples) cut to fit inside of the drawers.  I just staple the beginning of each piece of ribbon to the board, wind and pin.  There is a ridiculous amount of ribbon stored in a tiny space...plus they are just happy drawers to open! :)

PTI ribbon doesn't have a nice neat home yet...still looking...I can't seen to take it off it's spool...The colors just look so beautiful all lined up...it seems a shame to hide it in a drawers!  

And there is a another box full of just Christmas ribbon...yikes...I may need to join Ribboners Anonymous...




...and here's an example of why I put curtains up on that shelf!!  NOT PRETTY!!!!!  The baskets are cute enough, but the contents...holy snap...what a wreck!!  I know there are cute ways to store twine and sticker sheets...but this works for me and they are easy to get to...so, as my son would say..."ePiC fAiL" aesthetically (he wouldn't say aesthetically :)   )  but the functionality is good...plus...really...it's BEHIND the curtain!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment