Wednesday, February 26, 2014

…FaT SanTA...


I made a Santa yesterday…I paper pieced the HoLY SnoT out of him…more paper tole than paper pieced…He was 5 layers tall and 13 individual pieces…some of them RiDiCuLouSLY tiny…then I looked at him and thought…WHaT was I thinking?!?!?!?!

So…I checked out the DeCoNStRuCTinG JeN sketch this morning and the FiRST thing that popped into my head was…HeeeeeY…my Santa would look CuTE in that big ol' circle :)



So then…since I was using Santa…I went over to see what the Challenge was on the


…and it was ANyTHiNG GoeS…

SWeeT!!!

So, here's my card with my CraZY pieced SaNTa…that you can't even TeLL is pieced from the front (hence the CRaZY!!!)



I used Kaisercraft and Heidi Swapp christmas papers…The black accents were a last minute choice…mainly because the green in the Kaisercraft is SooOOoOOOoo hard to match up...


Here's a MuCH better view of the INSaNitY of my Santa :)
LooK how FAT he is!
 4 layers of foam tape will BuLK you up like that 



…and here he is from the front with his glittery trim…



…and ANoTHeR gratuitous shot from the side…just because that's where ALL the work on this card is!


…and the envelope…I am loving the Christmas card challenge…I will be CoMPLeteLY ahead of the game come December…is it weird that I'm a little giddy thinking about it??


It's also my friend Cindy's birthday today…

HaPpY BiRThDaY CiNDY! :)

the wrapping paper on her present was just so pretty that I had to take a picture...


…oatmeal raisin cookies are her FaV…so I baked some up today and put them in this cute tin I found at Michael's



…and here's a shot of the WoRLD'S BeST oatmeal cookies…
at least that's what the recipe says :)
The trick is to soak the raisins in the beaten egg and vanilla for an hour before you bake them


I wish the blog had smell-o-vision right now…my whole house smells AWeSoME! :)

thanks for looking!
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment