Sunday, September 4, 2011

...ChRisTMas SurPriSe...

So...every once in a while there comes a time in a crafter's life, where you just can't stand it any more and you have to break down and just do it...
My time was yesterday.  After completing 8 projects without the tiniest bit of tidying up...my cubbyhole was a disaster!

I began shoveling, straightening up, and found this amongst the rubble...


I made it for a PTI blog hop eons ago...but it's still pretty cute! :)  I'd be willing to venture a guess that you could shatter teeth with those marshmallows though!!...Yikes!!

I used a clear card box,  some tiny tubes, and a few candy sleeve holder thing-a-ma-bobs (yup...again, that IS the technical term...please try to keep up :)  ) that I NeEDeD and had the most grandiose plans for and are still languishing in a drawer somewhere....Sometimes my short attention span scares me...

Here's the tag...


Since this was for a PTI blog hop, everything on it is PTI...the stamps, paper, buttons, I'm pretty sure even those tubes and card box are PTI.  I think the card box is recycled from a stamp set...so this is a GrEeN project as well as a red and green project...ooohhh...that was just bad...sorry! :(

You can see the white rocks marshmallows in their little sleeve thing-a-ma-bobs a little better  here...I don't remember much about making this project, but I do recall there being cussing and sweating by the time I was done stuffing those little mallows into that bag...could be why this project never got mass produced for the neighbors...

And here's a close-up of the mug...


This guy is paper pieced from PTI paper.  He is from the Warm Happiness set...what an AmaZingly cute name for a stamp set!  Just love it! :)  I like the way the paper piecing makes this look...kind of like a mug you might find in your cupboard.

Okay, I'm back off to finish mucking out straightening up the cubbyhole.  I'd like to spend the rest of the day working on crafty submission stuff.  My dream is to get something published in a magazine...but oddly enough, you actually have to submit stuff...months in advance to have that happen...this is the first time I'm really trying that...wish me luck!!

I have a few  more Halloween Treat Jars...like my friend Frankie, scheduled for the next few day's posts while I work on the (hopefully) magazine goodies...so make sure you check them out....there is an entire cavalcade of monsters headed to the blog-o-sphere! :)  None of them would scare even your squeamish 90 year old grannie...so don't worry about nightmares! :)

Thanks for looking!!
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment